Table of Contents
Part I: Aligning Stars
- Finnegan, passports investigation plain clothes division, looks into strange happenings
Part II: Paddlesteamer on the Nile
Setting: The Nile
- Jack Archer's sacrifice is to take place at a party on board a paddlesteamer on the Nile
- Aspects: Secret Benefactor and Greased Wheels
- Aspects: Hired Help and Unnoticed
- Amberley sneaks onboard as backup from her clunker of a boat and starts looting
- A mysterious sheik wanders the top deck looking for people.
- Party objectives are seen as
- A servant attempts to stop Ravikiran from reaching the meeting room and is punched through the door
- The woman is rescued, Ravikiran, Kitty and Finnegan flee the guards by going outside the ship. Mr White lowers them some bunting to climb up
- Mr White hides the Marconi device in a silver salver and wanders the ship with it, keeping it away from the search parties.
- Two servants attempt to throw the Austrian nobleman overboard, Ravikiran and Mr White take them out
- Kitty enters the cultists's meeting room and sees a tied up and injured Jack Archer
- Ravikiran and Amberley set fire to the boat
- Diverse Alarums
- In the ensuing combat with all characters, Jack is struck by the Dagger of Norn
- In the confusion of the combat, the dagger is lost, but the Marconi device is kept
- Everyone evacuates to Amberley's backup boat
- The head servant is last seen charging passengers to get on the life boat.
- The group is now in possession of Marconi's Cadaverous Prototype - a radio attached to a mummified head that can allegedly communicate with the other side
Part III: Voices of the Dead
- The radio contacts the Other Side, where a clamour of ghosts vie for attention. One claims to be Starlight, and asks Kitty for a kiss.
- Following the spirit's advice - without payment - the party heads to the Souk to confront Swami Mokti about Starlight's death.
- Mokti takes Finnegan to the Other Side to look for himself - but has no intention of returning him to the land of the living. Instead, he introduces his friend, the Dark Spirit.
- Meanwhile, Ravi and Kitty are threatened by Mokti's thugs. They escape with the bodies into the alleyways of the Souk.
- Kitty wins over the locals, and Ravi intimidates Mokti into revealing his plans.