British Investigative Journalist
Inspired by -
Kitty is an orphan with a wealthy but distant guardian. She literally grew up in his newspaper office.
She steps up during the war - first as an editor/writer then as a journalist. Assigned to the Foreign Office beat by the end of the war, she makes diplomatic/wealth contacts, learns many languages. Under various pseudonyms, she even undertakes some undercover work.
- Superb: Investigation
- Great: Rapport, Alertness
- Good: Resources, Empathy, Contacting
- Fair: Drive, Athletics, Gambling, Guns
- Average: Resolve, Burglary, Deceit, Art, Mysteries
- Phase 1 - Background
- No family ties
- The story gets priority
- Phase 2 - The Great War
- People *want* to talk to me
- Yes, I'll have that drink
- Phase 3 - Kitty Smithson and the Bone Cat of Troy
- The Bone Cat
- Phase 4 - Double or Nothing!
- Wrong place, wrong time
- Got your back
- Phase 5 - Mr White versus The Red Claw
- Call of the weird
- Public vs. private interest